Firstly, we hope you and your family are all well and coping with the current challenging times. As a committee we are holding regular meetings to determine the best way to mitigate the risk that COVID-19 creates for our staff, members, visitors and Club. We are of course receiving and acting on advice from the Government and Golf Club Industry (PGA, GCMA, England Golf and BIGGA). The letter is intended to give you an update of our actions at this time. There has been no advice to close either golf courses or clubhouses and as such both the course and the clubhouse will remain open but with sensible precautions to avoid unnecessary risks.
We will keep the golf course open, in fact out in the open is a safe place to be.
To keep our golfers as safe as possible we will take the following precautions:
- The compressor will be out of use.
- Use of mats will be suspended
- Ball cleaning towels will be removed from round the course
- Rakes will be removed from bunkers (Players to do their best to make good with clubs or place their ball within the bunker)
- Scorecards should be filled in by players and placed in box, touch screen will be out of use.
We would ask our members and visitors to observe the following hints and tips:
- Leave the flag in, no need to touch the flag.
- Pick only your ball up.
- Put some hand wipes/gel in your bag.
- Do not share equipment.
- Try to keep a distance of approx. 6 feet from your playing partners.
- Do not shake hands after your game.
The Range will remain open. Please be aware that the balls are not sterilised and if possible wear gloves. Wash your hands thoroughly before and after use.
All toilets and locker rooms will be kept open but showers are out of use. Please wash hands before using the lockers. The outside toilet will become Unisex, please do not use the urinals. All doors will be kept open to minimise use of handles, do not leave valuables in the locker rooms.
The clubhouse will remain open with the following precautions:
- No groups of people should congregate in the club house.
- An exclusion zone has been placed around the bar. Orders are placed by staff onto a serving table from where they can be collected.
- The coffee machine is only to be used by staff. It will be switched off overnight.
- All social events until the end of April are postponed (including Sunday Lunch)
Increased cleaning will be taking place throughout the clubhouse but please help us to reduce the risk of contamination by regular handwashing.
As with all businesses at this time availability of staff may become an issue and we are working on contingency plans which may mean redeploying staff or relying more on volunteers.
We will continue to take advice and keep you updated to any changes to this information.
Finally for those of you who can, please continue to enjoy your golf. For any of our members who have any difficulties due to illness or self-isolation please get in touch and we will do what we can to help.